Friday, March 4, 2011

Updates - New Acquisitions

Posted by youknowyouloveme at 3:51 PM
    

     Recently, I've been buying DVDs of every sort.  They're on sale everywhere at the malls.  For the price of Php 99.00 (around USD 2.00), I bought myself a DVD of Cruel Intentions, Chocolat, and to my utter surprise, Cowboy Bebop!  Imagine, I have a classic anime in my hands for just Php 99.00!  Lucky!

     I was also able to score DVDs of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Kung Fu Hustle (my second copy), Drunken Master and some comedy films like Superbad and I Love You Man, for a higher price, less than Php 200.00 (around USD 5.00).

     I've seen most of them at one point in my life or the other, but owning a DVD is really special.  I can watch the movies again and again.

     And I noticed that lately, I've been watching one too many Chinese-language movies, so most probably, you'd read a couple of reviews for those films.  I've seen the Red Cliff, but it's the clipped-into-one-movie-english-dubbed version, and I've watched the Curse of the Golden Flower, and re-watched for the nth time the Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and the Drunken Master.  The last one, I've known it since I was a kid and I'd try to mimic the dubbed voice of Jackie Chan, "Master! Teach me kung-fu!"  Heehee.

     So, there.  I'd post a review before the week ends.  Promise.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Weekend at the Movies Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei